This cross-border incubation program “IUIA Innovation Landing Program” is a systematic process to help international startups to enter the Chinese Market.
Startup will go through a fast selection process. The applicant will get a final desicion within two weeks.
Startups can apply for this program any time they want. Details see “How to apply”
Initial screening A skype interview (optional)Final decision
Once the startup receives positive selection result, IUIA and the startup will sign up a Framework Agreement, which implies the following two points:
a. IUIA will keep the “IUIA-Landing-Offer” one year valid for the startup. Startup can make use of this offer any time they want within one year. (see IUIA Landing Offer)
b. Within one year, IUIA will be the exclusive partner for the startup to enter the Chinese market and help the startup to register a company in China.
The startup will get the draft of the Framework Agreement as soon as it receives the positive selection result.
Before the startup enters China, IUIA will help the startup to polish their business plan and make them more adaptable to the Chinese market.
IUIA will organize an individual video pitch for each startup with experts in China. These professional feedbacks directly from Chinese market will help the startup to understand the local clients better.
Before going to bootcamp in China, IUIA will organize a one-day-training in Frankfurt covering topics such as: Chinese culture and language, Chinese market, Chinese legal and tax, Chinese customer relationship, fund rising in China etc. It will help the startup to understand the Chinese market better before entering it. Trip to Frankfurt will be covered by IUIA.
Before the startup enters China to participate in the bootcamp, it shall sign up the “IUIA-Landing-Offer” with IUIA. (see IUIA Landing Offer) The startup will get the draft of the “IUIA-Landing-Offer” as soon as the Framework Agreement is signed up.
Alternative：If the startup wants to sign up the “IUIA-Landing-Offer” later or is not sure about signing it up or not, but still wants to joint the bootcamp as soon as possible, it can participate in the bootcamp first as an external member and cover the cost by itself: The costs of the bootcamp is 4999 euro per person (including flights and hotels).
The bootcamp and the setting-up of a company in China is the highlight of the program.
The bootcamp lasts one week and holds in 3 cities of China (including Beijing and 2 other cities) and will contain the following 5 components:
IUIA will support the startup to finish the bureaucratic processes after the company is registered.Including: applying for work permit, work visa, bank account opening etc.
As a result of the cooperation in this phase, the startup will have a functional company in China.
Cooperation in this phase is open. IUIA will continue supporting the startup to find cooperation partners, clients and investors in China. Conditions and contracts will be discussed separately.
Step 1, 2 and 3: These steps are ongoing. But in order to have enough time to prepare attending the boot camp in China, we suggest startups apply as soon as possible.
Step 4: The training in Frankfurt before bootcamps will be in July and October. (concrete date will be announced soon) The training in July will be postponed to October if less then 4 startups are selected.
Step 5: The bootcamps will be at the end of August and at the end of November, each bootcamp lasts one week. (concrete date will be announced soon) The bootcamp in August will be postponed to November if less then 4 startups are selected
If you want to join the bootcamp in August, the application has to be sent before 15 June.
If you want to join the boot camp in November, the application has to be sent before 15 September.
Joining the bootcamp later: If you get a positive selection result in the phase 1, you can join any bootcamp within one year. (For example: You are selected to join the program in April but don’t have time in August, you can join the bootcamp in November.)
1. Free 1 day training in Frankfurt before coming to China
2. Free support by polishing the BP
3. Free bootcamp (one week) in China (For external members, it is not free.)
4. Free support by registering company in China during the bootcamp or later
5. One free desk in one of IUIA’s Innovation centers after the company is registered in China
6. Free support for administrative work after the registration of the company
7. Free tax and legal support for one year
8. Free language support for one year
9. Free networking support with investors and other partners for one year
10. Free exhibition: The rollups of the startups will be presented in all IUIA innovation centers for further contacts.
Time: The startup shall register a company within 6 months after join the bootcamp. We recommend startups to register the company directly during the bootcamp, because it is fast and cost-saving and can be done in one day. Of course, the startups can come to China later by themselves again and IUIA will help to register the company with individual appointment at the authority.
Location： It shall be located in one of IUIA’s innovation centers in China. Here is just about the initial registration location of the company. Of course the startup can do business all over china.
Shares: For the services above, IUIA has three kinds of offers for startups to choose:
a. IUIA take 5% of the new company in China. No fee charged
b. IUIA takes 3% of the new company in China. Plus 3999 Euro service fee.
c. IUIA takes 0% of the new company in China. But 7999 Euro service fee.
Further Sales support : If further deals with Chinese clients are done through IUIA. Both parties will talk about marge for IUIA in detail.
Further Investment support: If further financial support deals (grant or investment) are done through IUIA, then both parties will talk about an intermediary fee for IUIA in detail.
1. Interest in Chinese market. Wish to expand to China and register a company in China soon (within one year).
• More than 800.000 Euro previous financing volume already (including fund raised, investment by founders etc.). Or annual revenue over 800.000 Euro.
• The startup has already clients. Its products are already on the market.
3. Startups in the following 7 categories: Energy / Mobility / Med&Health / Fintech / Artificial Intelligence /Blockchain / Mechanical Engineering in general
Please send your application documents in English language to our contact person (see below.)
1) Profiles of the founders (with contact info and a skype ID please.)
2) Pitch deck (max. 20 PPT-Pages) including at least the following relevant elements:
• market valuation of Chinese market
• Fund raised till right now
• How many clients already
• Actual revenue (monthly or/and annually)
• The China component: The Pitch deck has to maintain content that shows how you want to target the Chinese market. It does not have to be very concrete, but has to show the strategic perspective considering Chinese market.
3) A short statement (max 500 words) explaining why you think that your product has potential in the Chinese market
* If you have more materials which can help you to introduce your startup, please also send us (Videos, rollup design, etc.)
* Your application will be treated highly confidentially. If you need an extra confidential agreement for your application documents, please contact us.
Dr. Miao Xu (IUIA Managing Partner in Germany)
If you have any question, please don‘t hesitate to contact us.
In 2018, IUIA selected one batch of 6 startups and 3 of them have registered their Chinese company successfully during the bootcamp.
Picture 1: visiting company
Picture 2: Business courses
Picture 3: one-to-one client meeting
Picture 4: Pitch
Picture 5: registration of the company within one day
Here is a short Thank-you Letter from one of the program alumni in 2018.